Tuesday, May 26, 2009

V. D. Hanson: Obama Has Never Trusted the Electoral Process, He Has Always Sought an Extra-Electoral Edge

Victor Davis Hanson: Obama, Palin, and the Culture Wars


*It used to be taken as gospel by Democrats that large sums of money would have a pernicious influence on the political process. But the Obama campaign raised more money than any candidate in the history of the Republic. And, suddenly, this is considered impressive rather than reprehensible.
*Our present educational establishment would rather graduate an illiterate with the proper political views than a literate student who can think clearly.
*ACORN's tactics come from the brutal style of Alinsky's bullying threats of violence.

2 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

Thanks for posting this.

I was reminded, watching this video, that Sonia Sotomayor has a "compelling" life story, but not Sarah Palin--or so I am expected to believe. Before the election, I heard many despicable comments about Palin by people who probably would jail me for a hate crime if I repeated them about Sotomayor.

Chris M. said...

Reminds me of a political science professor I had back in the 60s. He used to say one of the three basic rules of politics is it all depends on whose ox is being gored. Another basic rule was, 'what have you done for me lately.' I don't remember number three.
He frequently said about liberals that the one good thing they had going for them was that heads would feel so much better when they quit banging them against a brick wall.
That is about all I took away from that semester. But there were many semester long classes I put in time and effort and took nothing away.