Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nature in My Front Yard





We are expecting a blessed event here on Catalina St. In the attached photos you can see two eggs. This humming bird nest has been on our front walkway for a couple of weeks now. I figured there were eggs but since the nest is six and a half feet up I couldn't see into it. But when I was taking the photos I was able to hold the camera above the nest and see for sure. The pictures make it look much larger than it is. It is barely big enough to hold one bird and you know how small they are. I'd like to get a picture of the bird in the nest but I don't think I'll ever be able to get close enough since the bird flies away when I get about four feet away. And because of the poor lighting in all of the trees there the nest and bird probably wouldn't show up in a photo from five feet. When I come out in the early morning the bird is sitting in the nest watching me. Since I have to walk right under the nest to get to the street, the bird always flies away when I get close.

No comments: