Thursday, October 4, 2007

What Is Important to Feinstein and Boxer?

Sometimes I call my senators to share my opinion with them. Lately the phones are busy most of the time. And if the phone is answered it is never answered by a human. A recorded voice says to leave a message for the senator.
Often I will communicate by email. Sometimes they send a reply to my email. But the replies are never responsive. The replies will be only obliquely related to my message. Once I sent an email to Boxer's local office. They sent back a form email saying that no message sent to the local office would be read: the senator will only consider emails sent to the Washington, D. C. office. The only way to send an email to the D. C. office is by using the form on the website. An email cannot be sent with this form unless a subject box is checked. There is a narrow list of subjects and they often cannot describe my message.
I have come to the conclusion that no one ever listens to the phone messages or reads the emails. The phone messages are routinely erased. Form replies are sent to emails based solely on the subject box checked.
I think congress knows why they are so unpopular. And I don't think they even care.

No comments: