Sunday, March 23, 2008

Strange Call in the Night

I was meditating when the phone rang. I hopped over to grab it since it was 10:20 PM on the Saturday night before Easter and I thought it might be my friend, Mary Jo, wanting to talk. I said, “Hello.” And a male voice at the other end said, “Say, n****r, you the motherfucker selling the New Yorker?”
I had an ad on Craig’s List for all of the past New Yorkers on CD. So I answered, “Yes.”
“Say how much you want for that shit. That’s some good shit isn’t it?”
“It’s $24,” I answered.
“That’s a good price for that shit isn’t it, n****r? I could sit up here in my crib with my bitch, do some crack and do that New Yorker stuff. That’d be some good shit huh, n****r?” The strange voice on the phone asked.
“You’re joking, right?” Is the only thing I knew to say at this point.
“What you mean, n****r? I just want to get some of that New Yorker shit up here in my crib with my crack and my bitch. That’s the good stuff, right n****r?”
“This must be a joke, right?” I persisted. Not having a clue what else to say.
“You think I’m funny, n****r? What’s wrong, fag? You afraid, you little fag?” The voice now becoming loud and more frightening.
By now I had figured out that he only had my phone number from the ad. He couldn’t know where I live unless I told him. Though I was sure by now that he was very aware of the city I live in because it was on the ad. And my little city has a local reputation for having a large gay population. So he must have seen the artsy magazine and the city full of weak little gays and figured it would make a fun prank call. But I was still flustered and afraid and not sure what to do. So I said, “Oh, come on. You’ve got to have something better than this to do with your time.”
“N****r, you know I want that New Yorker shit. You’re laughing at me you fag?” His voice was getting louder. But I was very aware that it was the filthy language that upset me the most. I had seen people who talked like this on TV and in movies but had never spoken directly to anyone talking like that. It’s prison talk and it’s meant to threaten possible violence if the speaker isn’t properly respected. But I could see no point in continuing the conversation.
“I’m hanging up now,” I said and pushed the button to end the conservation. I half expected the guy to call back and continue the harassment. But he didn’t.
Guess where my mind went immediately? I said to myself, “Barack me no Obamas.” The much worshipped candidate had just been on TV saying that he will not question or repudiate any white hating black separatists. He explained why he feels that blacks are free to do or say anything they wish. Seems something happened 140 years ago that makes sense out of irrational hate. If you think that rationalization for hate had a long shelf life, Barack apparently sees no end in sight. We’re in a conflict between civilization and another force who feel that stoning and beheading are so cool. When McCain implies that this major conflict might last a hundred years Barack gets huffy and morally indignant. But in response to the fantastic story that AIDS was created by the US government and is being used by them to kill people of color Barack refuses to become a voice of reason or take any kind of stand. At this point, I have no reason to believe that Obama doesn’t believe this wild, hateful story. Barack Obama is not a leader. He’s just mau mauing whitey. And if he’s successful the message sent will be that hate and intimidation works. He’s just another Chicago extortionist.


Yet another not so fun fact about Barack Obama. No matter what he is calm. Nothing bothers him enough to become emotional. His campaign is attacked so much that he has to go on the tube and make a “major address.” He stays up late writing the whole thing himself and the next day he comes out totally even and relaxed. It’s a better than average speech for an American politician and he delivers it without any sign of anxiety or tension: as if it’s just a normal event on a normal day. HE IS TOO CALM. Nothing ever has any emotional effect on him. This is pathological, probably severely pathological. There is no there there. It looks like he might be totally empty at core. He is an incomplete person who is all outsides without insides. If you look at his history he has never been tested. He has never been in a situation that pushed him to his limit. What will it take for that to happen? And how will he react? Professional politicians tend to be highly sociopathic but Obama has the look and feel of a really slick sociopath. Take Tony Soprano but twice as intelligent and well educated and surround him with a bunch of smart yes men. Just watch out for Obama. Who knows what will finally set this guy off. Maybe they'll run out of white meat at Thanksgiving and he'll snap. And what will he do? It could be terrifying.



One last observation. He gives a major speech and won't take questions. And the MSM didn't even notice. The question isn't whether or not the media is in the tank for Obama. The question is just how far are they in the tank. How many of them will drown?

No comments: