I was tagged by Pundette, So here are 8 bits of trivia about me
1. When I was 19 I was mad, crazy about the writing of Bertrand Russell. But I am very much over that.
2. The first job I ever had where I got a paycheck paid $1.00 an hour. I chopped cotton in 104 degree heat. It was about 75 miles from Bakersfield, CA.
3. I am a Dodger fan. I got that from my great grandmother who was born in Edinburgh. She loved Sandy Koufax. I’m sure she would also have loved Fernando Valenzuela had she lived that long.
4. I once spent a year in the hospital recovering from a motorcycle accident. I broke both arms and both legs and fractured my skull. I was in a coma for weeks. I spent a lot of time in bed reading Bertrand Russell. But it was at this time that Russell was being replaced in my affections by the writings of Thomas Mann. I read Mann’s Joseph novels during that year.
5. While a stupid child of the 60s I enjoyed LSD. I was lucky to get through that alive and sane.
6. I was once thrown across a 12 foot wide room by a violent mental patient. At the same time I hit the wall the 6”6’ nurse I was working with hit the wall as well. Together we weighed over 450 pounds. I still don’t know exactly how the patient managed to do that. You have to be very careful around insanity.
7. I have never met a kitty cat I didn’t like.
8. I was born on April Fool’s Day.
I'm going to tag Adagio for Strings and Jane Q. Republican.